Annual Penstemon Festival & Summer Plant Sale
Join us at our 30th annual Plant Sale and Penstemon Festival!
The Arboretum at Flagstaff’s Summer Plant Sale and Penstemon Festival is scheduled in July to take advantage of the monsoon rains. Horticulturists at The Arboretum are propagating herbaceous perennials, vines, shrubs, and trees that are acclimated to our area and are sure to do well in your garden.
The 2013 Plant Sale will feature live local musical performers, food vendors and a beer garden. The event will showcase presentations and information booths with regional specialists.
In addition to the plant sale, enjoy our selection of Arboretum-themed merchandise and gardening books, special presentations and walks, as well as children's crafts for shopping parents.
Friday, July 12 — Members Only
- 2 - 6 PM: A members only preview of Arboretum, Native Plant and Seed, and Warner's selections.
Saturday, July 13— Public
- 10AM - 4PM: Public sale of Arboretum, Native Plant and Seed, and Warner's plant selections. Come and find the perfect native for your high-elevation garden!
- 10AM-4PM: Visit with representatives from Flagstaff EcoRanch, Arizona Native Plant Society Chapter and Monarch Watch, as well as local experts from Master Gardeners of Coconino County to answer any gardening questions.
- 10AM - 4PM: Fratelli Pizza will be on site with food for purchase.
- 10AM - 4PM: Fiber art display in the Herb Garden featuring the Athena Artists.
- 12PM and 2PM: Penstemon and wildflower walks will be led by local ecologist and writer Gwen Waring.
- 10AM-12PM: Flagstaff Community Band will perform on stage.
- 12-2PM: Polka katzen will perform on stage.