2017 Eco Explorers Summer Camps
Camps are available for ages 5-12 and begin June 5th thru July 21st.
Eco Explorers summer camps are nature-based, experiential STEAM-centered camps for your young explorer.
Camps are available for ages 5-12, with age-specific groups for 5-6 years old, 7-9 years old, and 10-12 years old. Quality educators, daily outdoor adventures, and excellent curricula make for the best summer camp ever! Weekly themes change with each camp, so it’s never the same adventure twice.
Each week includes art, hikes, games, digging in the dirt, and visits to the butterfly house– your child will love exploring nature with us!
Week 1, June 5 – 9: Creature Camp 1
- Connect with creatures of northern Arizona and beyond!
- Enjoy visiting with native animals from Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary
- Learn how to track animals and see where they build their homes!
- Be amazed by native butterflies in our Southwest Butterfly House
Week 4, June 26 – 30: Kids Kamping 101
- Get back to the basics and ready for our family campout on July 1st.
- Outdoor children’s yoga for ages 5-6 and 7-9
- Shelter building with our oldest campers
- Have a blast getting in tune with nature – even exploring music!
Week 7, July 17 – 21: Creature Camp 2
- Join us for round 2 of all things animal!
- Heritage Park Zoological Sanctuary will be back with more native animals
- Special opportunity this week to see snakes!
- Story time for our youngest campers with folks from Flagstaff Library
- Our friends at REI will teach ages 10-12 the basics of outdoor photography
Week 2, June 12 – 16: Dirt Alert! All hands in!
- Adventures in all things dirt, rocks, and DIY!
- Spend time digging and growing in our children’s veggie garden
- Get the scoop on the science of soil
- Ages 7-9 and 10-12 will build their own bird houses or tool boxes
Week 5, July 3 – 7 (no camp July 4th): Arb Outdoor Adventures
- A new adventure every day in this fun 4-day camp!
- Outdoor games, hiking, and exploring the Arboretum acreage
- All ages will learn & play disc golf – instruction provided by Discing 4 Kids!
- Ages 10-12 will learn how to tie knots with experts from REI
- Youngest campers will enjoy story time with friends from Flagstaff Library
REGISTER YOUR CAMPER HERE:
FILL OUT ALL REGISTRATION FORMS 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE CAMP AND EMAIL TO:
or mail to:
Attn: Public Programs
The Arboretum at Flagstaff
4001 S. Woody Mountain Rd. Flagstaff, AZ 86005
Week 3, June 19 – 23: Gross Science!
- Have fun learning about the gross side of nature
- Discover scat, slime, compost, and more!
- Check out water bugs and other creepy crawlies
- Be prepared to get dirty
Week 6, July 10 – 14: Wilderness Survivors
- Calling all wild things! Become a wilderness expert!
- Ages 10-12 will learn to use a map and compass from REI professionals
- Ages 7-9 and 10-12 will visit the Coconino County Archery Range!
- Story time for ages 5-6 with friends from Flagstaff Library
- *Campout opportunity on Friday, July 14th for ages 10-12
Ages 7-12, $250/week, 9am-4pm
Ages 5-6, $160/week, 9am-1pm; $25 for aftercare (per day), 1-4pm
(July 3-7 camp discounted for July 4th holiday.
$128 for ages 5-6 and $200 for ages 7-12)