DID YOU KNOW, IN 2018….
As part of the Summer Soiree Social, The Arboretum initiated a campaign to raise funds to help get kids out of the classroom and into nature at The Arboretum. We want to make our standards-based, experiential programs available to more local youth and you can help by making a donation to support scholarships to teachers to pay for travel to The Arboretum. For more information, please contact Kristin.Haskins@
- School buses for field trips are limited, charters are an option if there are funds available
- Teachers/students have to pay for field trip travel
- A bus trip from town to The Arboretum can cost over $100 for FUSD schools and more for schools further away
There are many ways for you to support The Arboretum at Flagstaff — through membership, the Annual Fund, or through a gift made in tribute to a friend or family member. Please write in the ‘Notes’ section of the checkout process if you have a specific area would you like to support with your generous donation.
DONATE TO THE ARB HERE!
- Donate an item, supplies or materials (see our wish list below!)
- Make a monetary contribution*
- Contribute for a specific project—our new irrigation system, or the new Southwest Butterfly house*
- Give a gift of securities*
- Help sponsor an event*
- Buy a bench or tree in honor of a loved one
- Give a Gift Membership*
- Become a member*
- Join our volunteer team
We have many projects, programs, workshops, gardens and initiatives worthy of supporting, some of these are: Milkweed for Monarchs, Southwest Butterfly House, Penstemon Collection, Mushroom Garden, Summer Camp Scholarships, Environmental Education, and much more! If there is a specific area of our organization that you would like to support please add the information into the ‘Notes’ section of the checkout process.
Thank you for your continued support!
GIVE TODAY! —>
Our 2019 Wish List!
We couldn’t do what we do without the support of our members and donors. Thank you all! There are many ways to give to The Arboretum,and most of them are tax-deductible. From pruning shears to lawn mowers and gift certificates for supplies, you can give supplies and materials—make a monetary contribution—or contribute to a special project.
If you donate any of these items to the Arboretum, you’ll get a tax deduction! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Up-to-date laptop computers
- Lawn mowers, self-propelled and riding
- EZ up 10 x 10 canopies
- Van or mini-bus
- Gift certificates to Michael’s, Sam’s Club, Home Depot for education programs
- Large ceramic or earthenware display planting pots
- Wheelbarrows in good condition
- Outdoor work gloves-any size, leather or cloth
- Single or double bit tree felling axe (used or new) – and wedges
- Watering cans, any size
- ABC fire extinguishers (10lb or 20lb)
- Weed barrier cloth
- Rain Barrels
- Tarps, in good condition
- Cat food and litter (for our working mousers)
- Sunshine 4 grow mix
- Wood pellets
- Wood chip mulch
- 4″ x 4″ square plant pots – no other sizes please
- Terra cotta plant pots or ollas
- Operable, sharp blade hand saws
- Eye pro protective glasses–clear or sunshade
- Nitrile gloves–all sizes
- Single or double bit tree felling axe (used or new)
- Multi surface hand held electric engraver
- Label maker
- Pruning shears/ garden snips
- 3/4″ garden hose
- 3/4″ garden hose manifolds, spray wands, valves
- Garden/plant watering cans: as small as 1 quart up to 2 gallon in volume/size
- Hand held GPS units (such as Garmin 60csx or Pro)
- Pick Mattocks or Pulaskis
- Push Brooms
- Backpack sprayer–clean, no leaks, no past chemical residues please
- Dry bags or stuff sacks
- First Aid kit field back or fanny pack
- Cloth/canvas/burlap reusable seed collection bags
- Sticky fly catching paper